Saturday, January 14, 2012

Library Organizing

Due to the lack of time in the curriculum, and the lack of space in my classroom, I decided to take out all of my picture books and replace them with all of my chapter books.  Now, with piles and piles of pictures books in my condo, I'm trying to find a way to organize my den to become a library on top of the office it already is.  I searched Google and Pinterest for some inspiration:

 I bought this adorable bookshelf from Ikea:
And a few of these bookshelves from Target:

Today will be spent separating the books, organizing them, and labeling them so they all fit and are easy to access.  I still want to bring in pictures books in my classroom (for specific seasons and holidays), but we used them less than I expected and we needed a classroom change.  Secretly though, I've always wanted a library in my house.  This will be fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment